Thursday, August 10, 2006

After I awoke this morning,
I went outside into the dark near the garden where the roses grow
and the rosemary...white, yellow, pink, red, and scent of roses and sage filled in the space
beneath the dogwood tree.
In the sky there was a dull white round light. Some say, That's only the moon!
But I say it is the grand tug boat of the night
tugging at the seven seas, the great bays, the tidal rivers, and even
the various sands and loeses of the deserts of the earth. Only the waters of the Gulf of Mexico and the Mediterranean
are not responsive to this tug. Who knows why?
And the stars that are night birds that sing the hymnody of the moon
in golden and red whispers
sang, Come to me; come to me.

This is a love story.

1 Comments:

Blogger anna said...

Wonderful! gulf of Mexico
the Mediterranean how are they immune to the pull of the tides
I would say the moon doesn't sing the magic love songs to them.
Loved both of these.
I have missed your words!

6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home