Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Color : May 9, 2007

I began the day reading
an essay on Pink
Floyd, then from Wisdom, Romans,
the Psalms, shall I say of David?
the Gospel of Luke, Merwin:
(very late [early]
I have heard a kind of whispered sighing)
in the course of this a list
(no mark of genius, here) a list
coursed across synapses
of memory: names: Rob, Tom, Bill, Carol:
ordinary names of ordinary people
I know: an offense, cirrhosis, AIDS, breast cancer….
Memory: and just of yesterday

The weight of a day … sighing … even the roses
seem to be weeping, to be withholding
their joyous, transcendent effervescence.

I turn behind me, On Being Blue:
A Philosophical Inquiry, Wm. Gass.
Though brilliant, is too irreverent
to cite the moment : ah,
the velvet bridge the color of ripe gold.
Subdued, ripe, the morning with its sweet faces.

3 Comments:

Blogger Glamourpuss said...

Sweet faces in the morning, followed by joyous, transcendent effervescence - are we talking about masturbation again?

Puss

6:53 AM  
Blogger Pawlie Kokonuts said...

William Gass. Back in college I either read, or was supposed to read, Omensetter's Luck. If I read it, I don't remember it. Or I remember its being incomprehensible. As, I imagine, blueness would be.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Pawlie Kokonuts said...

Pink. The new red. Or white. Or both.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home